Anyone out there with advice on how to deal with the sadness and loneliness of being left by the baby's father?

I try to not get too depressed so I dont stress out the baby, but its so hard to do this on my home. He basically left me homeless, without any money. I guess the worst part is that we were talking marriage and looking at houses but when I got pregnant he admitted he really just wanted me to help him get custody of and raise his other children, and he really wanted me to miscarry or have an abortion. I know I can do this and be ok, but its hard sometimes because the emotions are running wild! Any advice? Im lonely, have no where to live and no money saved-I need some advice!!!!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know what you're going through and I'm so sorry. I got through it because I figured, he cared so little about me that he could do this to me (he sent me a letter from his lawyer while we were living together, saying that our relationship was over and he wanted custody of our son. I thought everything was fine) why should I even be upset about him? He wasn't worth it. My son was the most important thing and I needed to be strong for him.
    You can do it. It's difficult, but you WILL get through it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• he is not a quality guy. he used u. now that he is gone from your life try to hold your head up. try surrounding your self with family. if u dont have family near by join a church and i guarantee u will meet people who will give u and that baby support. u might be surprised u could meet women at that church who went through the same if not worst things. try getting on welfare,wic, food stamps immediately dont be ashamed thats what its there for. and good chances at the church u will meet alot of women who will be there for u and have your back. good luck dont give up. i know your situation feels like hell but just imagine how much worse it would have been if u had married this guy and had multiple kids with him. just take it one day at a time.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• this was my story a few years back
    except he said i can stay around until after our child is born and "we will see hoe he feels about it"

i am not kidding
    and i am a fool, i stayed, it would have been a favor if he just cut it off, and i too was taking care of his kids from his ex, he also wanted me to have an abortion, also when i said no abortion for me and we were together he was really hard one time until i bled, i think he was thinking misscarriage

now we are not together, our child is three, just left recently, FINALLY admitted that he is an ass

i know hard to believe, but he has done you a favor, if you stayed i am betting that you would have left in the future, this does not mean your life is easy, but would be harder to leave later with your child, this way, this baby is all yours, you can start fresh and not have to raise child with an ass as an example of a father

you can email me if you want shoulder
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010