Does having a colposcopy done hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Health

• It's uncomfortable, but it's not too bad.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It's uncomfortable, but it doesn't really hurt
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say painful. And....it was very quick. You'll be fine.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thanks. I'm kind of freaking out about it. I just had my IUD removed on the 3rd and my husband and I planned on starting to try for another baby. Then 2 weeks later the OB calls and says my pap was abnormal...ugh being a woman sometimes I swear
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• no, not something i would love to have done, uncomfy, embarassing somewhat... but not painful if you follow their directions.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• As long as it is done correctly then it shouldn't hurt. GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Not really..it's just uncomfortable. It'll be over before you know it, too. I had an abnormal pap over two years ago and had the colposcopy done. It's not the most fun thing, but it's no biggie, either.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Don't worry. It doesn't hurt. Just a little uncomfortable.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Depends on how skilled the practitioner is that does it. Had three of them done now, the first was done by someone who didn't know what the heck she was doing and dang near butchered me! Then she totally botched it so I was called back to have it done again by someone else. Second and third times were bearable, actually not that bad even.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 11:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If it would make you feel better, you could ask them to give you something to sleep or relax you. This helped my husband a lot. The first time he didn't and he almost slugged the guy. LOL I wouldn't recommend you slugging anyone at that moment though! LOL Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010