fact or myth: sitting too close to the TV will hurt your eyes.

i'm actually not sure but i want to know if its true or false?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 10:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• it never hurt my eyes......but it did hurt my head cause my mom would walk by and bip me in the back of head if i was too close ;p
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 10:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I've heard it's a myth.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I'm curious too! My mother used to say that to me and I say it to my son, but not really sure if it's true either ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It's a myth.

I read something years ago the only thing it would do is warp your perception of the TV image you see from seeing too close.

You won't go blind.......
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 10:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• That could be either or I'm not for sure or have any facts. I personally believe if your watching TV in a dark room where your eyes are focusing in many variaties of colors and/or lighs put so much more stress on them for changeing the different degrees of lighting. How ever you want to put it, Where in a room which has a light of some sort natural, lamp, over head or even a light behind the TV is less strain. I do not wear glasses now, as a child I did wear glasses for reading and a doctor stated not to try and read or few TV in a dark room for the strain, I stopped doing so my brother who was younger was told the same thing and also nwas given the same eye exam test score and wore glasses for reading and now wheres them all the time. He kept watch TV and reading in dark areas. Sorry for blabing on. Thats my opinion on the question asked. Thank you Have a great day!
    grasshopper1995

Answer by grasshopper1995 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• steelerschick...thanks for making all of us laugh hahahahahahaha
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010