Im ovulating, is it more likely for me to get pregnant now? adult content

Iknow that im ovulating at this moment, some months is more obvious then others. But just a few hours ago my DH and i had unprotected sex and he did bust in me. Im due for my period in about 10 days, would this make it more likely to concieve or less?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• More. How do you know you're ovulating? do you chart or use OPKS? Have sex every day for the next 2-3 days and you'll have an even better chance.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I was always told that you ovulate 10 days after the first day of your period!! :-S Hmmmmmmm
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If you are ovulating, you are most likely to get pregnant.
    But with fluffymamabunny, how do you know you are ovulating?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i know im ovulating because of the increase of discharge (sorry tmi )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• LOL hardly. Ovulation is different for every woman. Technically if you want to use the stereo type, you ovulate 14 days after the first day of your period. A perfect 28 day cycle includes a 14 day follicular phase (pre ovulation) and 14 day luteal phase (post ovulation). However, some people have a longer luteal phase, some people shorter. The luteal phase is almost always exactly the same number of days, if you have irregular cycles, it's the follicular phase that changes - many things, including stress and diet, can impact how long it takes to prepare and release a mature egg. For instance, I typically have an 11 day luteal phase. So if I ovulate on CD 12 (which has happened a couple times) my cycle is only 23 days. If I don't ovulate until CD 20, then my cycle is 31 days. At this point in time I'm on CD 38, but if my period would begin tomorrow I could tell you with confidence that I ovulated on CD27.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Also, I would just like to let you know - because if you're going to be actively TTC, you need to know - that excess discharge is not a sure sign of ovulation. It is caused by an increase in estrogen - which may or may not mean you're ovulating. It is quite common to have an estrogen spike without ovulating. That discharge, btw, is CM. Cervical mucous. There are different kinds - Sticky, which is not sperm friendly. Creamy, which can kinda look like lotion and is also not sperm friendly. Watery, which is very thin and slippery and often comes in abundance, and is considered moderately fertile. Then EWCM-EggWhite Cervical Mucous. Looks like what it says. It is thicker and stretchy, looks almost exactly like an eggwhite. Kind of has the feel of snot. That is the MOST fertile CM. However, many people mistake semen for EWCM, it has the same stretchy quality. Semen will disintegrate in water though, EWCM won't.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• If you're going to be actively TTC, you need to learn some things. You're better off if you know EXACTLY what is going on with your body. I recommend using www.fertilityfriend.com
    They have a charting course that will teach you everything you need to know about the process of trying to become pregnant.
    and honey...NOTHING is TMI in the TTC community. LOL. When you get with a bunch of women who are all trying to get pregnant, all the nitty-gritty dirty details come out. Women who have been TTC a while are quite used to it. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• great replies fluffy mama bunny
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2010