what the hell is an anterior placenta?!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it means your placenta is at the front of your uterus instead of the back
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• oh gosh that doesnt sound like anything pretty (coveren my ears)
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 10:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i had a placental abruption and that meant it tore away from the wall if that helps
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 10:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i wanted to cover my ears, too! Is it ok/normal?
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yes, it's fine.
    ;-)
    You might not feel as much fetal movement though.
    If you have cesarean then they will need to be extra cautious obviously.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• My placenta is the same way!! It doesn't make a difference where your placenta is (as long as it is not laying across the top of your cervix) The only down side to having your Placenta there is that you don't feel baby's movements until later on in the pregnancy. I didn't start feeling my son until close to 20 weeks. Where I felt my daughter around 15 weeks! Good luck! How far along are you?
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• my daughter was 2 months premmie and only 3 lbs........she is now 3 and a holy terror........huney it will all be fine
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 10:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• You're fine, lol. I had one. I felt kicks at about 16 weeks, and they got to where I could see him moving though my stomach, so you'll definitely be able to feel it. I actually had to have a c-section, which scared me because they had to cut through the placenta to get my son out, and this a risk of too much blood loss. But....everything turned out totally fine. It's really no big deal at all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies! Your answers are definatly better than the doctor's-I swear she is speaking a foreign language sometimes! I am almost 4 months along and I have no sisters and my mom and I arent really friendly so it helps to have you ladies to talk to-so thanks again! I had 3 miscarriages before so even though the father has left and Im alone this is pretty exciting that this little seems to all ok- this is the farthest I have gone with a pregnancy so wish me luck-I think Im almost out of the danger zone (heartbeat & ultrasounds have been excellent) :)
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2010