Have a 3mon old - how long should I wait to have another, health wise?

I am completely healthy, when is it okay for your body to have another child?

PrincessSmasher

Asked by PrincessSmasher at 10:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i got pregnant 7 months later...i know someone who got pregnant 6 WEEKS later. i think typically, doctors recommend 2yrs...i'm not sure if that's if you have a c/section or if it's either way though...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• for your body...anytime u want if youre healthy physically, but mentally, your outta YOUR EVER-LOVIN MIND!!! lol lol mostly kidding...if thats what you want good luck tho : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I found out I was preg. with my 2nd child when my 1st was 4 months old. I was healthy b4 both pregnancy, but after I had problems with my teeth falling out. OB/GYN and Dentisit said it was bc the babies took so much calcium from my body while i was preg and breast feeding.
    USMCWIFEFOREVER

Answer by USMCWIFEFOREVER at 10:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It is best to let your body recover for at least a year between children.
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• i would think your body would need at least 2 years maybe 3
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• It's very hard on your body to have close-together pregnancies. Although you're fine, young and healthy, there are things going on inside that you can't see happening: hormones, your uterus shrinking back into shape, your organs resettling where they are supposed to be normally.

Close-together pregnancies create risk factors that simply do not exist in pregnancies spaced further apart. You're considered to be 'back to normal' 18-24 months after the birth... much, much longer than that, if you're over 35.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we are waiting 4-5 years! i just got my pre baby body back so i would like to enjoy it for a while lol! i would think ur body needs at least a year to recover! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Like others have said it is much healthier for you and baby if you wait at least 9 months. 18 - 24 months if ideal.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I got pregnant three months after my third child was born. It was not ideal, and i had more complications during pregnancy, more than likely as a result of not giving my body a chance to heal and get back to normal. This included a retained placenta after her birth ( the doctor had to go in and retrieve my placenta...not a pretty scenario)

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• For us we got pregnant when our first was 1 years young I had a miscarriage :( We got pregnant again when my daughter was 3 I wish they were closer in age but I would say after 1 year so you can have em close to the same age and let your body heal GL...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010