Books about vampires... Who likes them? What's your favorite?

Am I the ONLY person who thinks about Twilight and can't help but gag just a little, even though I thought that the books were ok? But seriously, why the HECK do they sparkle? If it wasn't for that, maybe I'd like them better lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:53 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I didn't mind Twilight but found they got more unbelievable as the series progressed. Sparkling vampires playing baseball in a thunderstorm was fun. Pacing werewolves guarding a vampire fetus got tiresome.

I do like Anne Rice novels and the original Dracula. I even took DD to a ballet production of Dracula. It was amazing and very sensual, which, happily, she did not recognize.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• LOVE the Twilight Saga, love the Sookie Stackhouse series, Ann Rice, Dracula, etc.
    I think Stephenie Meyer wanted to do something different with her vampires, so, they sparkle. A lot of people don't like that, but hey, that's the beauty of creating something, right? You can do whatever you want with it.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Brahm Stoker's Dracula
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I pretty much love all books vampire. My least favorite are the Twilight series. They were ok, but not the best. I love Sherilyn Kenyon and Laurell K Hamilton.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I started reading Anne Rice's vampire novels when I was 12. I loved them. Then came Twilight. I am a complete "Twihard" as they say. I love the books, I love the movies...though not as much as the books and they could have done better with some of the casting. Other vampire books? no interest. The success of the Twilight saga has spurred this mass production of vampire stories. It's become this fad where now there are a dozen different sagas, hundreds of new books featuring vampires. I was completely disgusted that my favorite author, V.C. Andrews, actually gave into the fad and made a vampire book. I doubt that I will buy it, and I own every book she has ever published.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I wasn't impressed with the movies either.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Breaking Dawn was my favorite of the series. I'm really a sucker for a happy ending.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Sookie Stackhouse - southern vampire series
    Dark Hunter Series - sherilyn kenyon
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 7:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I believe that the vampires in Twilight sparkle because this series was really geared toward the younger crowd, and plus they were more of a love story than a horror vampire story. And the Twilight books didn't really spur a whole new set of vampire books; I'd actually never read vampire books until Twilight, but I wanted to read more afterwards, and there were thousands of vampire books out long before Twilight ever hit the stands. My favorite, though, are the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian.
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 9:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010