repost: can I make an anonymous journal post?

I posted this question in the wrong section:

My dad passed away three years ago, but a couple of nights ago, I had a visit from him, that didn't seem like a dream but as a memory, and his body was solid and he woke me by clicking on the light, and I opened my eyes and there he was! I was shocked and blinked and got out of bed, we talked and I even touched him and he was as real as any alive person, and the room was as if it was as awake in the night with the light on. I am too embarrassed to share this story publicly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Fascinating, eh?

Brains are amazing things. Capable of supplying fully-realistic experiences that are not happening, complete with sound and texture.

What you experienced is called sleep paralysis. What happens is that you're paralyzed (it's a natural process that stops most people from getting up and walking around while they're dreaming) and you're dreaming, but you're also completely alert to your surroundings. You can accurately recount anyone coming in or out of the room and what they said and did, but they would just as accurately report that you were sleeping and never moved.

Most people experience this a few times in their lives, and it accounts for most alien abduction stories.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I like your explanation, I was very stressed out that night with very little sleep. But it is so strange how it didn't seem like a hallucination or a dream, and everything was as real as could be and I was calling my mom throughout the night (the calls are on my celphone) so I wasn't sleeping to soundly (she went on some date, but didn't tell us how late it would be nor was she answering her phone and she didn't give an alternative contact number, it was with a guy she met online that I never met before) if this was a dream, it was with me in the same room with the room light the same way it is lit when the light is on. and I don't want to believe it happened, even though in someways it was cool and I hope it will happen again. I plan to research sleep paralysis. all I know is, more folks must have experienced these kinds of experiences in regards to dead relatives.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• btw, if I lived in biblical times, I would have believed it was my dad coming back from the dead, and I was like the guy who couldn't believe seeing Jesus (and frankly I am not christian or religious so perhaps this is what happened to that person) anyway, the guy touches the wounds of Jesus, and I touched my dad, and I was in the same skeptical mood as that guy, but I remained skeptical, but I would be lying if I didn't tell you it was as real as me being awake right now and my son walking into the room, like he just did. And if my dad was alive, I would have thought he just came into my room. It does freak me out that I might have such a vision again, while making love or something though, LOL.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Did you know there are groups you can join that have had experiences like this. You shouldn't be embarrassed.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I didn't know that, but at the same time I worry that my friends may find out and think I'm weird, or some how this strange experience will invalidate my credibility
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I just looked up sleep paralysis, it says the person feels like they are awake but can't move. I did not have that experience at all. I felt awake and its like I was awake (I have had dreams where I thought I was awake and couldn't move or scream in my past, but then would wake up for real and know it was a dream) this experience, my dad came in and turned on the light to my room, which woke me from my sleep, I got out of bed and started talking with him and reached out and touched him and totally felt him as alive with warm flesh. I heard him and he and I talked and he let me be amazed and touch him and open and close my eyes, and he just accepted me and responded with little sayings and was calm and made no big deal out of me, being amazed and saying this was all impossible and every test I did to see if it was real, he passed!! it was very freaky, I wished I thought to record him or something like that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well, if this is weird then you are in good company. Hang around for a while, you will see some really freaky stuff.

To answer your question, you can post a journal anon. After you get it all written down scroll down to the privacy section and click the anon option. Any comments you make to it will also be anon. It will show up on your home page (for you) but no one else will know who posted it. The only exception, beyond outing yourself, is if you post normally then change it to anon. Your friends will see that you have posted on their activity.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 12:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thanks for the answer, I didn't see the privacy section option of anon, but I will look more carefully
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2010