is seeing the dead a premonition of death to come

I saw my dead father a couple of nights ago, and told my mom about it, and she is worried that someone else in the family will die soon because I had an interaction with my father three years after he died, I didn't experience anything negative, and frankly I don't believe in ghosts, so I'm a bit freaked to have had the visit, and I don't believe anyone is in danger, but now I am starting to believe. Especially, worried that my brother may commit suicide now, or something will happen to my sister's newborn. I don't really want to post in the religion and beliefs section, since I am not religious and I don't want folks to say its demonic or stuff like that. I'm a skeptic, and can't believe what my eyes, ears and touch senses are telling me about my experience of my father, appearing to me as real as any other alive person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• It doesn't mean he is coming for anyone. He may just be checking in or you were just in a place where you could actually see him. Don't worry and be happy you got to see him and that he loves and cares about you.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Absolutely not. Many people don't believe this kind of thing at all, because they are so limited. If you are able to communicate with the dead, it is either a gift or a curse depending on how you take it. I have communicated with spirits many times and there was never any correlation to anything bad happening.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I am skeptical and still can't believe my experience, but I would be lying if I told you it wasn't as real as if any moment with an alive person, with him being solid and real as my own living dh. I'm glad that there is no correlation to anything bad happening, I didn't worry about such a thing until my mom suggested it to me. I don't feel like its a curse, and it was a neat experience and I hope that it could happen again, but perhaps my doubting and not listening to what he was saying, I kept saying this wasn't possible and asking him how and telling him he is not making sense. he was responding to me, with metaphors and poetic lines that didn't mean anything to me. but it was still meaningful to see him so real and like himself and exciting that it could happen again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010