Single parents and sex adult content

*this was just on my mind*
Ok I have been made to feel that having sex is a bad thing. I am a single mom of one kid. I finally get the chance to go on a date or get some and I think I am telling a friend Yay for me for finally getting some time to myself and I am meet with critisim. My son is always taken care of first and he is okay. I think they should be congratulating me for having a regular time and I get fuuny looks or the first thing they ask is where was the baby. Like I was holding him the whole time. Like I'm stupid. Two of the people are single and have no kids (well one had an abortion) so I dont think they understand how hard it is to get time alone, a date, and how hard it is to get "some" when you have kids. *ugh* there is nothing wrong with me having a good time or having sex as long as I am safe (my kid not being around goes unsaid).

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• HOW DO THEY THINK SINGLE MOM"S MARRY!! we date, I was a single mom for 5yr , I understand what your going through but Ive met most amazing father to my son (and our 2).
    Your a mom not dead!!
    GOOD FOR YOU
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• YOU TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET GIRL!!! AS LONG AS YOU KIDS ARE HAPPY AND CARED FOR!! I am a single mom of two I know how you feel!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• as long as your baby is safe and well cared for, and you are practicing safe sex....HAVE YOUR FUN, GIRL! nothing wrong with needing a break and feeling like an adult every now and then...worrying about what others think of my decisions and actions has been a big struggle for me ever since i became a Mom...but you have to remember, you are the boss now, you make the decisions...everyone else needs to either be happy for you, keep their mouth shut, or find a new friend.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I know how you feel! I'm a single mom too and I so rarely get the chance to get out. And when I do, I'm made to feel like I'm doing something wrong. It's maddening!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ok I know I wasn't tripping or doing anything wrong. I even said that to one of them. I'm a mom not dead!!! lol With all the stress I have I gotta get some good times in there. I also do not understand why we (single mothers) are made to feel guilty for wanting to go out or have fun. I do not know if people think we are going out and coming home with another baby or what? lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Well how the hell do they expect you to find mr. right if you can't date or get out occasionally?? I did the single mom thing for a while and if anyone looked down on me for dating, I'd tell them to go kick rocks. How would I have found my husband if it wasn't for dating/being intimate? Maybe they're jealous that you can have a child, as well as a life. Or maybe they're just judgmental bitches who aren't really your true friends. Either way, you aren't doing anything wrong, you're human and should act as such hehe =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• IM HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! im not a single mom but my best friend is and she hasnt had it in 11 months i feel bad for her. Its your physical need as a grown woman, forget what others are saying, theyre probably scoffing because their sex life sucks and they want you to share theiir misery
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sounds to me like they are just jealous :) I was a single mom for 8 years and when my kids would fly to California for part of the summer with their grand parents, honey it was a F... fest for me :0) As the daughter of a mother who brought men home all the time, was always out at bars i was petrified of how i would turn out when my X and i divorced after 12 years so I was determined to be a great mother, a present mother and my priority was and still is my children. But when they were gone... it was ON !! I dated and dated and dated. Nope I didn't sleep with all of them but there was one guy I was seeing and how exciting it was to have a nooner on a day I wasn't on shift. The key is to find a good balance between single motherhood and single lady. Sounds like you have that down already :)
    MSUDawgMom

Answer by MSUDawgMom at 3:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2010