Looking for your opinions, Ladies, please!

Since the baby's father has left me, wanted me to get an abortion, and has repeatedly (when we have spoken) declared this child is ruining his life & wants nothing to do with the baby-does anyone think it is wrong to give the baby my last name? I will, of course, put the father's name on the birth certificate. My social worker said if the baby has my last name it wont affect child support (which he actually believes he can slither his way out of, even though he owns his own business.) My own father has been my support system through this and I kind of feel like the baby should have my last name because its me and my family that are gonna be the real family to this child. Just looking to hear what you all think, thanks!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely. I think you SHOULD give the baby your last name. Good luck.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The baby should have your last name. If he doesn't want anything to do with the child, then it doesn't need to have his last name.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would give the baby your last name, my sister was in a similar situation and she gave my neice her last name...the baby is almost a year old now and the dad has only seen her a handful of times...and like you said it didnt affect the child support order. good luck!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• The baby should have your last name.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would give the child your name. That way, you and your child will share the same name that you are proud to have. Do not give him that honor.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would give the baby my name!!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I believed baby got ther dads last name my fs got it, but hes never been in his life it ackward when people say your a *(last name) is so and so you grandmom or such.--we don't know
    If I had it to redo I would of used my name so thy he can just say its my mom name
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• that baby NEEDS your last name! I would never want the last name of a trashy 'man' like that!!! good luck & hugs to you.
    .thickie.thick.

Answer by .thickie.thick. at 11:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• your last name.
    heather-bear

Answer by heather-bear at 11:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Your last name, as everyone has mentioned. Don't hold back with making this guy paid child supprt either. If having a baby is life ruining, he shouldn't have had the sex. No matter what BC is used, pregnancy is ALWAYS a possibilty.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010