was it difficult to give up some freedom after having kids? like going out, coming home whenever etc.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• No it was easy.. but i also think you should never totally give "yourself" up.. Do what you can for you when u can..
    When babies are old enough to be watched by someone a night out dancing is great. drink up (as long as ur sober & fine before having to care for child again).
    Kids grow up. they get life's of their own so its not always good to stop your life & be consumed by theirs.

But in no way should your "life" be a burden on your child or should they lose out on their life for your own..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nope. I was 18 when i got married and 19 when my 1st child was born, I didn't have any freedom to really give up.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• No. I was over that phase of my life where I wanted to go out all the time. I was ready for him. Sometimes it's hard not to have time to relax by myself, but he's so worth it!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• ummm me an my girls still go out.....for ladies night.......no harm no foul......
    BUT my kids are always number 1 in my life
    SteelersChick

Answer by SteelersChick at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• NO had first at 19- no freedom,but never really enjoyed going out still don't ,usually stay home and relax
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Not i was 18 when i had twin boys and i gave up everything for them easily! They are my everything i am now 19 and they are almost one!! They get more and more fun the older they get! GL!
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 11:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Yes, it was. Before my 1st kid I had a busy social life and I traveled a lot. That all came to an abrupt end when I got pregnant. He was planned and I was excited, but didn't think about how my Europe money was now baby money and how after I had him I would never be able to just lay down and watch a whole movie. And now when I travel I have headache of trying to get a toddler a plane or spending half my time away calling home to check on them.

But 15 months later when I was pregnant with the second I could barely remember life before my beautiful boys. But I'm not going to lie that I mourned my freedom for a while.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Nope, I wasn't a party animal to start with and I make sure to go out some.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I never did any partyin or coming home whever before my son was born. My dh and I still have datenights every month though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I was 35, and was ready for the commitment of parenting.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010