Damaged Goods?

Is there anyone else out there that feels like they're damaged goods? I've been stepped on by so many guys and I don't stand for it anymore but it's definitely had an effect on me. I have so many relationship issues and don't have time for bullshit or excuses but I havent found anything else out there.

yezay

Asked by yezay at 11:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, I have a lot of issues due to past relationships and they show up but I told my SO this before we started dating and he accepted me as is, flaws and all. Of course, I had to do the same for him which was one of my issues BUT I'm working on it :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I feel like with my damaged goods guys see it as a way to take advantage of me. I don't know how to get strong and demand better. I just cut them out after they've taken advantage of me.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• your looking at it wrong

You dated loser creeps and whoever else to learn the ropes of dating-
    NOW YOU KNOW-what you like what you dont what you need and what you can give
    So walk a way from that experience with a lesson and use it find mr right
    make your baggage stepping stone to new you........
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we are not damaged goods, not that we're goods, we are people, and we have feelings, and if it's sexual intimately something that you are expressive in as naturally your part of being a person, you shouldn't feel bad, maybe it's him that's damaged ''goods'', or you are taking way too much of the blame, for HIS excuses. perhaps he is a player and he is only used to getting any woman he takes and leaves all them this way. you are your best answer,
    you aren't damaged, again, you're only learning to be okay with your self not the other person, but it's pretty rare any man wants to be friends for long before they aren't just bored and wanting all the things, leave them alone, and if you rebound, take it with a grain of salt and ask God why you're doing that. Ask God now to make you stronger. and be amazed, he will !!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I was running out of room, and want to add..................................
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No pun add ( + )

You are introspecting, and that is a good step!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• What raisingmen said! Good way of explaining it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• When you are in and out of relationships, we all get "stepped on" in many ways. All we can do is learn from them and move on. With luck, one day we'll meet a guy that will accept us for who we are "flaws" and all. When that happens, then we are truly lucky.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Take time to get to know yourself...taking a break and spending time finding out what you want is good. Its therapeutic and makes you build confidence in who you are....I am sorry, I should say this is what i have done. I have such a peace right now...about who i am, where i am going, what i want, and I am okay being alone. I would rather be alone then deal with any man that lies, cheats, or is narcisstic. i do believe there are good men out there and I've decided he can come find me....till then Im throwing my energy and love into my girls, my family, volunteer work, learning new things. I have found having peace is so much better than any rollercoaster that will only last a while. I will marry a man that is my friend. I will know him for who he is and not the facade that dating seems to make some. I can't stand a man that says what he thinks i want to hear. LOVE YOURSELF, and LOVE will come around in many forms.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes, I've felt like damaged goods - forced sexual relations will do that to a person and unfortunately it leaves a toxicity that's incredibly difficult to deal with. Don't have any magic answers for you or I'd share them. But this one thing I do know, I feel as damaged as I tell myself I am.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 12:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• NO !!!!!!

You are not damaged goods, ....

I own a group and still feel this way sometimes : (

You could maybe, gain help from my group OR give help....
    mail me and let me know ??? PLZ go to my profile.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010