TSA targets breast feeding mom...

she complained last week about her treatment and the fact that the agents didn't know their own rules. Well this time, they were ready for her. http://www.sustainablemothering.com/2010/11/26/just-when-you-thought-it-was-safe-to-travel-with-breast-milk-the-tsa-targets-mothers/

clicky

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• feel safe?
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Holy Crap! I would be pissed!! That is harassment pure and simple.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would be extremely offended. I would FIND someone to represent me no matter how many lawyers I had to call. That is some crap. I have travelled with breast milk and never had problems.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/formula.shtm

LINK to the Reg.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• This is horrible. What's sad is plenty of people who work for the TSA are probably perfectly decent people just trying to do their job. But people doing this stuff MUST be held accountable.

I hope she finds a good lawyer.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Isn't breast milk combustable? I would say they just saved the flight.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE! This is not counter-terrorism, this is government terrorism. My family was just discussing the whole body-scanner thing. I'm not usually freaked out by rumors of government control or conspiracy theories, but this really does freak me out. These people who are supposed to be protecting us are given free license to treat as criminals anyone who doesn't act like cattle. How much of this will the American people take? I'm really worried not enough people will rise up, because we're so willing to compromise our freedom for false security! AAAARGH! I'm so mad after watching that! I'm posting on FB!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• This is absurd and in the comments under the article, someone talks about a prison experiment: It seems that they are demonstrating the findings of Philip Zimbardo’s “1971 Stanford Prison Experiment” in which he demonstrated “the power of social situations to distort personal identities and long cherished values and morality as students internalized situated identities in their roles as prisoners and guards.” I've seen a movie about this and I think it's exactly what is going on with the TSAs.

Oh and no, I would not feel safe and that's why we refuse to fly as long as this crap is going on.  No one is touching my daughter.  I heard they are even taking minors into rooms alone to search them......OVER MY DEAD BODY!  So, needless to say, no flying for us!

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• @carpy.. I voted you down, but then I re-read your comment and I thought maybe you were joking?? PLEASE tell me you're joking!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

_______________________
    I can assure you, she was being VERY sarcastic.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2010