1st birthday

Hi,
my baby boy's birthday is coming soon. what is the average amount that u can spend on ur baby's first birthday? How many gifts from the parents should he gets?how big the cake should be?...
P.S: we r talking abt inviting 13 people?
I appreciate ur info and ur help if u can think abt anything else.
Tkx

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a little cake for him to get his hands into and a half sheet for everyone else. I spent a grand on my DDs 1st bday and it was way too much, but i had 41 people. dont spend too much, go to dollar tree for paper plates and all the decorations. Ususally each family that comes brings a gift.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:00 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It all depends on your preferences. For my sons birthday, we invited close family and I got pizza. I didn't get him any gifts because I buy him what he needs when he needs it, he already has too many toys, and he gets lots of stuff from other people, and it means very little at 1 year of age. Keep in my that the first birthday party is more for the enjoyment of the family than for the kid, so no reason to go all out.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think 13 people is a great number for a first birthday! I know someone who is inviting 80 people and I think they're NUTS! It will be too overwhelming for baby! As for gifts people can buy him as much as they want. Chances are you'll need it all eventually, but I would suggest only exposing him to 3-4 at a time. Leave the others for a rainy day or when you see he's getting bored with what he has :) As for how much to spend on the party that's really entirely up to you! I would feed the people that are coming LOL but getting a sandwich platter or a 6ft long sub should suffice. A few bottles of soda and bags of chips from Costco or Sams Club, and a little cake for the birthday boy (or cupcakes so everyone can join) and you're all set! Happy (almost) First Birthday!! :)
    DCNYmommy

Answer by DCNYmommy at 8:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2010