Be cursed at or told you have no friends for a reason?

My husband was taking shots at me told me "that's why you have no friends." I have told him this hurts me, and my falling out with my friends is a sensitive issue for me. So I cursed at him and he says all I do is curse. WHICH IS WORSE? TO BE CURSED AT, OR REMINDED THAT YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS BY YOUR SPOUSE??????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2010 in

• no friends. my husband pulled that one tonight before he left me.
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I would rather be cursed at. Curses mean nothing. I am sorry your husband left you. Husbands are overrated.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I can't honestly say either would bother me... I am not really the type to let the small stuff affect me that way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Tell him that HE is the reason you have no friends; because none of them want to hang around a loser like him! Then kick his ass out to the back seat of his car and tell him he can come back when he wants to show you some respect!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't want either. If my husband's a jerk, I go cold on him. If he wanted to say rude stuff, he could say it to the wall.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• So sorry your husband has hurt you by his words.......when you love someone you don't use their vulnerable areas and throw that up in their face. Female relationships are wonderful and horrible at the same time. When I have looked honestly at myself and realized some friendship were toxic and I needed to let them go, hard but best. Good for you to vent her, get some feedback and be able to move on. My husband did similar things to me for many years and I got to a point that I wouldn't let him know things that I was dealing with because i didn't want him in the heat of an argument to throw it in my face. That is the lowest of low!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• they are both worse because they're both a form of abuse toward the other person.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• They are both hurtful so I couldnt say.
    tat2dprincess

Answer by tat2dprincess at 6:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'd say telling me I have no friends for a reason... dh knows how important friends are to me! It would kill me if he said that!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well he tells you that because he knows it gets to you. You say what you do because you know it hurts him. So both of you need to take a pact to not go there.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 27, 2010