Pressure

Okay so I will be 32 weeks this coming Tuesday and I have been having some pressure in my lower abdomin.When I sit down its not that bad but when I get up to stand or walk around it hurts really bad is this normal

MarissaDavis29

Asked by MarissaDavis29 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what kind of pressure?
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm 22 weeks and am already experiencing this, but that is because of twins. With my son and daughter both I had this same kind of pressure around the same time your having it. Most likely because your baby is moving into a lower position to prepare for birth.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• SOUNDS NORMAL CUZ I HAD IT WITH BOTH MY KIDS, BUT IF U ARE WORRIED TALK TO UR OB.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• but did it hurt alot for you when you would stand or walk around im hoping its not contractions
    MarissaDavis29

Comment by MarissaDavis29 (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes it hurts.. the pain runs down to my thighs as well
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It can be painful. Most likely, it's a combination of the baby's position, your uterus stretching, and the weight of the baby working against gravity. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but it's worth mentioning at your next appointment. You can try a support band if it's really uncomfortable. I tried it, and it helped some, but the band was more of a nuisance than anything.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Man the pains of ur uterus stretching is awful i called my OB at like 3am with my first i thought something was wrong and he seen me in the AM and all way good. and thats what he said with was.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i know what you mean.I'm 30 weeks, I seriously think my son has made his permanent home at the very bottom because there is always a hard ball there and I feel him mostly move down there or in the middle of my belly where as two weeks ago i felt him up top mostly. Last night for a while he decided to make a trip to my ribs. Oh fun. So most likely it is the baby weighing you down and I hurt when I sit or stand when he is down there. But I see my doctor Tuesday and plan to make sure you know just in case. good luck, you are almost done.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2010