What would you do about this failed friend relationship?

I had this friend, who after my first divorce, I really got close to. She valued her privacy, but I knew that. It lasted about a year or so and then things just started to well, end. She wouldn't return my calls, nor try to make any other contact with me. I chalked it up to her being too busy. I let it go. A year later, I called her and stopped over to chat. Still felt like there was no connection. I never really talked to her about it, just kinda let it go. Anyway, over the course of the next several years, I found out she moved. I saw her husband in the store and he said, "Oh, you really need to call her, she'd like that". So, I called on a night that I knew she always had a big party. I felt the brush off, so I hung up. Nothing more has been said and it's been about two years now. I saw her son over the summer and asked how she was doing.

Her daughter is getting married tomorrow, my daughter will be there. At the bachlorette party, she talked to my daughter, but failed to even ask about me.

So, what would you do, let it go and realize it's dead...

or try again?? I've just been thinking about her lately.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 12:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't believe that ALL people are meant to be in your life forever. Some for a reason, and some just for a season. I would let it go.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Let it go. She obviously doesn't want to continue the relationship. I am sorry but you are better off finding a friend that is interested in your life where you are now.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I say it's done. Put your energy into new friends, people who want your friendship!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 12:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• id just let it go.
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thank you TaraK.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thanks guys. I appreciate your input.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010