How to balance life as a young mother?

I love my kids more then anything. Parenting at times is hard I find. I've got two young toddlers. One is 3 yrs with mild autism and the other is 18 months. Sometimes I am tired at the end of the day and don't wanna clean. They are clingy to me when I am trying to cook supper. I am not sure on ways to manage my time for "Me" time, my partner, and chores. I spend most of my time with my children. I am a stay at home mom. I am curious how single mom's or parents do with it with more then one kid. ( Parent and care for themselves). I wouldn't mind doing more things as a family with my partner and kids. Some ideas what to do together would be great too. Any suggestions?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 12:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• we clean together so we can have family time at zoo or park, get them to help and then reward yous with little family trip. Their young but can learn to basic clean, they might like it.
    Laying in bed is relaxing and you could read to them
    Chores need to be down but dont let it overwhelm you a basket of cloths can sit for day before you fold ect--love and play with lil ones before their big and your trying to cling on them for kisses
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• eventhough it may sound harsh, its important to take care of your relationship and yourself first. kids are pretty resillient and tend to survive just fine even when they dont get their way all the time. you cant be a good mother if you're constantly drained, so do something for yourself EVERY DAY even if it's just getting to soak in a hot bath with a couple of glasses of wine after you put the kids to bed. make yourself do it, even when you're exhausted, because it will give you the strength to take on the other parts of your life. and the best thing you can give your kids is a happy home, so be sure to take time out for you and hubby EVERY DAY. go to bed 30 min early and watch TV together and talk or get a sitter and do something goofy like mini golf. it will strengthen your bond and help fill you both up emotionally, which strengthens your family.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I wake up send my son to school, my 3 daughters get up , 4,3 and 1. I cook them breakfast, Clean for about 3 hours, and hen make themlunch, then quiet time! I mean get off your butt and do it, I am 8 monthes pregnanat, and manage!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010