Advice?

Ok. My husband usually works a lot of time getting his tenure track in academy. I assumed that today he will go too work and made the arrangements for my daughter play date. But he wanted to be with us and I chickened to cancel the prior arrangement. Now he is very upset with us, he probably feels betrayed. I cooked his favorite food and wine, but he refused. My daughter cut him salad, but he refused as well ;-(. He told I cannot be trusted and do not speak much with me anymore. help? advice?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• im sorry i hope it all works it out for you :)
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thanks, not so far.. ;-(.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Wow, I don't understand what he's so upset about... because you're daughter's going to play date instead of being home? Sounds like she's home now? Sounds like he's being selfish and childish. Fix him dinner, and if he wants to pout, let him pout and go do something YOU want to do. You can't change him, but you can give him the message that you're not going to be an enabler to his childishness.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I apologized, he went to sleep. He fixed the dinner for himself instead of eating my food. I am tired and upset. I don't know what to do.
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well, he is upset because we do not have much family time. Mostly because he is busy. This time i just assumed he will be...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• WTF ?????

HE NEEDS TO GET OVER HIS-SELF!!!!!!!!!!

Guess What, life does NOT REVOLVE around him !!!!!!!

come to my profile PLZ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yup... visited the profile- great achievement. I am just sad... but time to sleep i guess...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:33 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sound like a missed communication to me. If he didn't give you the courtesy of telling you that he wanted to stay home with you guys; I don't see why you should cancel your plans at the last moment. He needs to talk to you more; and quit thinking the world revolves around his ass. I wouldn't let it bother me; he is the one with the problem-don't let him make it yours.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well, I would stop treating him like a king when he is acting so poorly. he can get his food when he's ready, you and your kids need to just live life, and while you & your husband can communicate better in the future, the way he's acting is not even childish- my kids aren;t even allowed to pout, it's manipulative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes we need communicate more... and yes he told he would going to work, so i even did not tell him about the play date assuming he is leaving. Yet he also told he wants to buy our daughter shoes and the car needs maintenance, I just could follow his lead and call off the play date. Yet, I still feel I did not do much of the wrong...He might feel that I and my daughter prefer him to somebody else's company...
    ganna04

Comment by ganna04 (original poster) at 1:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2010