throwing things out

so im wanting to throw all my husbands stuff out since he decided he was finished with our marriage after 4 months. is this me being irrational? ive thought about it for a few hours and just want all the things that remind me of him gone. advice???

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he still in the house? If not, how long has he been gone?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Send it back to him?
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• for about 5 hours. left one job, went to a friends house and then he works at his other job in 2 hours til 7 am so i have plenty of time if i want to do it..
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• maybe not throw but box it up and put in garage--out of sight
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Irrational?? Sounds normal to me! But before you do, ask yourself if you'll want it later. I'm sure a lot of stuff can go. I've been there 3 times. It seems I get rid of lots in the beginning and more as time goes on and I'm DONE with it emotionally.
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 12:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would tell him that he needs to come and get anything he would like to keep in a certain time frame. Otherwise it will be donated. Thats just me!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• eh, i would SELL anything i could and donate the rest to goodwill. and just a heads up, i would empty the bank account and put the cash somewhere he couldnt find it before i got rid of his stuff because he could really screw you by hitting the bank and taking all the money when he finds out. you can legally empty the account and not give him any (and he can do the same) so beat him to it before you piss him off!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• thanks everyone and i closed our joint account today and got my own account and put the money in there so at least i was on top of that
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• (¯`*•.¸,¸.•*´¯)id call him tell him he needs to come get his stuff or if he is not there at a certain time for the stuff then you will have it outside on the curb
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:26 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i would box up all his stuff boxes, put it on the curb and write FREE on the boxes. LOL. but thats just me I like to make a statement, its probably not a good idea though
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2010