for all you sahms

How do you do it? I'm new To this week one. Every morning I wake up and make my hubby a lunch and breakfast send him off to work (4:30 am) then I clean and I mean pull out the bleach and windex clean lol then the kids wake up cadence is 2 and stockton is 11 months I make them breakfast after breakfast I play with them in their rooms till lunch at 11:30. then nap is at noon. While their sleeping I clean up the toys and lunch. Then I do homework. They wake up around 2:30 and want a snack. My hubby gets home around 3 I take this chance to get showered and ready for the day. I spend time usually doing a fun craft with the kids for a couple hours and play some more 6:30 I start dinner (unless it takes longer )but we eat at 7 kids bath at 7:30 and bed at 8 I when again clean up after dinner and toys. Then I try and give my hubby a little something special if you get my drift. My question being is where does the energy come from and when Will I get it? I'm so tired and cranky by my bed time it's ridiculous. I have a lot of respect for my mom who had been a sahm her whole life lol.

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 12:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• (¯`*•.¸,¸.•*´¯)i have no idea where the energy comes from to be honest..i guess its just you know you have to do these things so you go and get things done..its very tiring i know...but it does get better with time you will find a routine kinda ..it's deff hard and stressful at times and then you will have those days where you just don't feel like doing anything..so you pick up as much as you can after the kids and then cook and try to relax..and the next day you try to make up for what you didn't do the day b4..i promise it gets easier..as you go..it just takes some time getting into a routine and knowing what has to be done right away and what can wait till later when the kids are sleeping ect....good luck!!(¯`*•.¸,¸.•*´¯)
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Take a nap when they take a nap. When you say homework..do you mean homework for school or housework like more cleaning and dinner and laundry and such? Can DH help bathe the kids while you do housework during their bath instead or just spend an extra half hour or so past the 8 to do it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I wonder the same thing.. once you get yourself going though you will find more energy(: I am a SAHM have been for the last almost 5 years!! im 23, and to keep myself from getting distracted i just constantly remind myself how lucky i am to get to take care of my babies myself.. and get to see every moment of them growing!! i have an almost 5 yr old.. 1 yr old.. super pregnant with our third... and i have a 3 yr old step daughter that i take care of a lot!! the husband is always at work hes a police officer so hes gone long crazy hours... so its def hard!! but i wouldnt have it any other way!! were so blessed(:
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 12:50 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It's definitely not an easy job. In order to give myself a bit of a break, I do the deep clean once or twice a week. It's always been the sunshine and clean fresh air that would help me each day.
    wolverinemama

Answer by wolverinemama at 1:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It's homework for school. I want to have something under my belt in case heaven forbid something happens to my hubby
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm a SAHM to 5. It's not so hard when you don't spend all day doing everything for everyone. I refuse to get up and make breakfast/lunch for my husband (he's usually up at 3:30am). He's a big boy and can get his own food if he's hungry. My kids are older now and can get their own breakfast, too. I get up when the baby (4 months) wakes up. But at one time I had 3 kids under 3. It was rough. I got up when the youngest did and would get them all breakfast. I only clean when I have to. I keep the dishes done every day, clean up the kitchen after breakfast and then I watch TV and knit or whatever until lunch. My kids are taught to entertain themselves. They do their own thing and I do mine. they are also expected to clean up after themselves. It was harder when they were babies but I still didn't spend my whole day entertaining them. But that's how I was raised so that's how I raise my kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Those toxins that you are cleaning with may be sapping your energy. This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

No one ever died from dust bunnies.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have been one for 4 years and some days it is hard and I am lazy some days but as long as everyone has food, clean clothes and not a too terribly messy living room I think it's ok to slack some!!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 11:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2010