What is the best way to relieve round ligament pains (w/o meds)?

They hurt a lot! I get sharp, stinging pains all around my abdomen. There is no bleeding or discharge involved...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had the same problem i would get on my hands and knees and rock myself dat would ease the pain a little
    _MORENA_

Answer by _MORENA_ at 4:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• What can I do to relieve the discomfort?If you've been reassured by your practitioner that what you're feeling is round ligament pain, sit down and try to relax when the pain strikes. Resting comfortably should alleviate your symptoms. You can also try flexing your knees toward your abdomen to get some relief or lying on your side with a pillow under your belly for support and another one between your legs. A warm bath may help, too.
    f you find that you're more prone to round ligament pain when you're particularly active, cut back to see if that helps. Then, if you feel fine, you can gradually increase your activity until you find the level of exertion that's comfortable for you.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• When you're lying down, put a pillow between your legs. Also, wedge a thin pillow between your belly and the bed/couch... that will help keep your growing tummy in a more natural position so the stretching isn't too painful. You can also take a hot bath, use a heating pad for a little while, put a cold pack on it, or go for a short walk. Mine hurts a little while I'm walking, but feels much better when I'm done.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2008