Too Close to the TV?

My 10 month old crawls to the TV and stands up right in front of it. I always tell him "NO" and move him back but this is the constant struggle everyday. Moving him away from the damn TV.

Then he likes to sit really close to watch it.

What can I do to have him stop??? Obviously NO isnt working....

HELP....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whats the problem with it? It's not a dangerous thing, and they do it because they like to be part of the action. As long as hea not spending hours each day there, don't stress so much. If it's happening while the whole family is watching TV, have him sit with you and say, "We sit as a family when we watch TV" or something like that. He's a baby, so it will take a thousand times to get him to understand, but one day it will click.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think I heard from a doctor once that any TV is just bad for your eyes. So I assume it doesn't matter, I mean he is having fun and exploring.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 1:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We didn't allow TV until age three.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Turn off the TV!

What you are teaching your child is to tune out the word no. You are going to have a child that you can't control because the words no and stop just don't work. If you rarely use no, less than once a day, then then they will have power for important things like running into the street or putting a hand near a stove.

If you aren't going to turn off the TV then move it or put stuff in front of it so he can't stand in front of it. Learn to change the situation rather than say "NO" or punish. You are going to need to learn many parenting skills now that he is a toddler. Just saying "NO" isn't an effective parenting style.

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/804952/how-to-say-no-without-saying-no

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2010