Am I being a witch?

I just miscarried and have a cousin who is pregnant. That in itself has been terribly difficult, and I have felt so guilty for getting so upset anytime she has shown an ultrasound or when she found out the baby's gender (it's a girl!)

but we gave her our baby crib, some wonderful maternity clothes, and she gave them back, doesnt want them, never said thanks but no thanks. i just feel so hurt.

i had told them we had some baby girl clothing to give them (again, no thank you, actually no ANSWER, her husband basically said OH COOL) and now that they gave our other things back, i truly want to forget about giving them anything else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh sweetheart!! My heart goes out to you!! I know how you feel as I was in this very same position with my cousin several years ago now....I was so very angry with her rude and curt way of "refusing" my things that meant so much to me! I did end up getting pregnant a short time later and that "baby" is now almost 9 yrs old!! I found out she was really struggling with if she should say anything to me because just her presence said "baby" and she thought that even the sight of her would upset me so she didn't want to say anything or see me in order to not further upset me. I know your baby/maternity things mean a lot to you and that just looking at them bring up so many emotions right now....but I also know that if you try not to read too much into things, you will heal body mind and soul and then....I bet before you know it - you will be pregnant again! I am pretty sure that WILL happen soon! Sooner than you realize!! ((HUGS))
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Many women have the same problem, I constantly have baby envy since I have a hard time concieving. I think that your cousin probably can tell you are having these problems and doesn't know what to do or say. They may even be giving stuff back knowing you will want to try again and may be successful in the future and may regret giving items away.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 2:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Your not a witch sweetie at all. I am so sorry for your loss
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't think you're being a witch, either. I am sorry for your loss. She should have said thanks &/or given you a reason, but perhaps this is just fate intervening. Perhaps you are not meant to let go of them.....
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 3:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I am very sorry for your loss. It is a very difficult thing, I'm truly sorry. I do not think you are being a witch in any way. I do think that your cousin might just not know how to handle your loss at this time and I think she might not be accepting your thoughtfulness because it's hard for her to be happy about her pregnancy while being genuinely sad for you. Sometimes people just handle situations differently than others which I think is the case here. I don't think she is meaning to upset you in any way. Some people also like to pick out and purchase things themselves, especially if this is her first. Don't feel badly. You take care of yourself- take care of you.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:51 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sorry for your loss): I do not think that your being a witch@ all(:
    GracesMommy2006

Answer by GracesMommy2006 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sorry for your loss :-( just goes to show that thier snobs thats all
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 2:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Should I write her ot speak to her?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It might be easier on both of you to write to her and put your thoughts and feelings on paper. Then you are able to review it so it says exactly what you want it to. I would be sure to put in there that you really want to talk to her and that you miss her! It sounds like the two of you are/were close and that it's hard for both of you to share your experiences being so opposite on the same issue. I think that the two of you can really help each other. God bless you and GL!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010