Does you dh/so ever get mad at you for your kid being sick

My son is on his 4th day of having a cough/cold. All day long my son can be acting totally normal, jumping,spinning, goofing off and then it is bedtime and he coughs for a good 2 hours.
I get blamed for it. I get blamed for the coughing, for the fact that I do not have a magic wand to cure the cough I get blamed for not caring because I am online rather then creating a cure for the cough.
I give cough medicine, then vapo rub on the feet with socks, not much more I can do...but here is the thing mr.dad does not do a single thing to try and cure the young boys cough, just gets on my chit for it.
just tired of the fact that I am expected to pull miracles out of my right ear while he does nothing but complain.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• oh heck yeah. DH has finally stopped saying that crap to me. After I said that exact same thing to him many times. He also gets mad and yells at me when one of our kids would fall off of a toy or the bed. I should have some how magically caught them! I guess I should follow them around and hover beneith them for their entire life! blah...he now knows better after he has had to deal with them himself.

Personally I think they just feel helpless. You are the all powerful mommy and you are supposed to do something. oh yeah and plus they are of course being lazy and know that they aren't pulling their weight so they take it out on YOU because of their own guilt.

My DH was always meanest when HE was slacking. So if he saw me not doing anything (even if I'd been working the previous 4 hrs) then he'd wig out and start yelling at me. At least if I was doing something then he didn't feel so bad about nothing getting done
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 1:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sounds like an argument to me:( Sounds like someone is just aggravated with someone else is too...Take the kid to the doctor tomorrow. But tonight I think some make up sex is in order.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No, my Dh knows not to blame me for things I can't control. He gets irritated but he doesn't take it out on me.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 2:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My DD was sick for 2 months and when my DH came down with the same cold and the minute he laid down he would be coughing and his nose would be pouring he stopped his bitching at me and we went to the doctors for the 8th time and they told us that our DD had a respartory infection thats when he said "oh you don't have all the powers" no shit I am her momma but i can't fix EVERYTHING.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My husband would never do that.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 4:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2010