Is it really possible to have sex with someone on a regular basis and not develop anything besides friend feelings for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Damn...that would be an ideal relationship!!! Enjoy it while it lasts.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It depends on the " need factor" are you only needing sex ? Are you dating this person or is it a true bootie call ? If you relate sex to caring and if your having sex because your lonely and need a man in your life, then you will probably either get involved with him or hurt because he doesn't want to. If the sex is purely physical, then enjoy it for as long as it last !
    MSUDawgMom

Answer by MSUDawgMom at 2:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I did off and on with a guy for almost 10 years. No way would we have dated, but the sex was awesome, and we enjoyed each others' company. We were never upset about each other dating someone, and we were often who the other turned to when we went through a break up (you know what they say about getting over someone...). I was really grateful to have him when I did, and we don't talk anymore now that I'm married. I just have fond memories.
    I think it's EXTREMELY rare to find something like that, where neither person ever develops feeling, and it's truly a FWB situation.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sounds like a whore to me. Wow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• don't listen to the idiot that commented with "anonymous"
    no wonder they didnt want anyone to know who they were

yes it is totally possible, and totally normal

just make sure it's right and you're sure their is no long last feelings... I had a friend like that for 5 years...
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 4:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sounds like someone will get hurt.. just my opinion. As a woman, i know not to go down that way, I think sex becomes intimate and what if he finds someone, or keeps it from you....because you are good for sex...and on top of that, if its only about sex, don't be fooled, it may be more that he may be giving you and that might not be so easy to get rid of (std's etc.) If you want sex and only sex, be ready to deal with maybe a heartache or a disease. Either one would suck. I'd rather spare myself both. I want a monogamous committed relationship or nothing at all.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 4:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• correction: i know to not go down that path... count the cost ...but do what you feel, it is your choice and yours alone.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 4:14 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Not for women. For men sure.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Some say it is but to me sex can only be satisfying if there are emotions involved, otherwise it is a dirty deed.

Answer by older at 9:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it is very possible for a women to do that just be careful i had a good friend that we started haven sex and he develop feeling and since then we haven't talked i regret big time doing it cause his friendship was not worth losing
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010