What recourse does he have legally after my son being gone for two weeks and him actinglike they were still together?

My child was taken by the dad when he was just a year old and the dad disappeared and I did not see my son for several years. His dad married and at the encouragment of his wife I was able to see my son at the age of 5 and have been seeing him pretty regular since. His dad is abusive to his wife (my son's stepmom) and my son is scared of his dad. 2 weeks ago the stepmom took him to my parents house because she was leaveing my son's dad and was told she had no legal rights to take my son. After two weeks of my son living with me and being registered in school his dada called and wanted to get him. My mom told him my son was in school with us and he asked how that happened and my mom told him that his wife brought my son to us because she left him. He did not know for two weeks that the boy was gone because he is a truck driver.

shellee_d

Asked by shellee_d at 3:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is there a court order? You need a lawyer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yeah, get yourself a lawyer, now!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You need to get yourself a lawyer like 5 minutes ago. Your son is much safer with you and what not but you need this to be legal and done the right way.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Get a lawyer.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• This is all very complicated, you need to get a lawyer to sort it all out.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would at the very least speak to an attorney and see what they say. But I would do my best to get my ducks in a row if I were you. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• So, he kidnapped your son years ago, and you didn't press charges? Definitely get a lawyer. This is going to get messy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• get a lwayer. You should've filed for emergency custoldy right away. This is too confused and you going to need a lawyer and pray that stepmom testifies in court.
    Is there a court order at all???
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010