Did you water break before labor?

And if not did it break naturally during labor or artificially by the care provider?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 3:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my son it broke naturally while I Was at home, with my DD, I was induced and the dr. had to break it.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• With my first it broke on its own about 2 hours before contractions began. My 2nd was induced at 34 weeks, so they broke it while I was in labor.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• One time it did, over a week before my labor started.
    And another time it looked like baby would be born in the sac, intact!
    Almost opposites, hehe.

I wouldn't want it to be artificially, that is too risky!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My water broke the next morning i moved into my new place...I drove 18 miles to the hospital with no contractions, but my damn seat was soaked (grossssss) went into the hospital, they admited me and told me to walk around, i stopped dilating, all i wanted to do was lay down, but noooooo, once i started having contractions, they wanted me to sit on this damn ball...seriously, wtf, would i want to block where my baby is coming out....I kicked the ball and yelled, "i want to lay down" guess that's when they said i couldnt' have any meds..lol. I hate balls now. J/k.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 4:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes, mine broke while I was sleeping and then contractions started.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• With my first two my water broke , with my last two my water had to be broke.

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• no with my first I was induced and they had to break my water with my second I went into labor but they broke my water to....
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• With both of mine, the doctor broke my water, I'm 30 weeks with my 3rd now and anticipating them doing it again.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2010