• In the Spotlight:

how do i get my two year old interested in potty training

she knows the lingo, she lets me know when she has already done it but doesn't realize when its about to happen, am i asking for too much?

nicole0836

Asked by nicole0836 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL, i just asked a similar question right before you! You know after we've been doing it for so long it comes naturally for us, we have forgotten what it is like to be two and new to the whole experience. They say they'll do it when they're ready but i think my little one just prefers to be in a diaper, she'll be 3 in feb, and i have a baby due then, so i want to get this outta the way! I feel you on this one. Sorry i can't offer any expert advice, but i do know mine does better on days i stay postive and upbeat. Just be patient and keep trying! good luck
    YungMum_STL

Answer by YungMum_STL at 11:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i have been potty training my daughter that will be 3 in Jan for about 3 months. She has been doing every well in the day and night. I started out by getting her a potty chair, get one that says stuff and makes noise. Then every time I needed to go I would take her with me and have her sit on her potty chair if she didn't want to I would not make her just let her get use to the idea.Then may be she will get interested in it. If she does go potty make a big deal about it sing, dance, give her something special. Just remember it will take some time and lots of patiences. It will happen once she gets used to what is going on.
    andrea86160

Answer by andrea86160 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008