how do i get my 7year old to stop sleep walking ?

marbar74

Asked by marbar74 at 4:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 3 of my kids walked in their sleep. I was always advised to have them in a regular routine and to make sure outside doors or basement doors had either a high chain lock or some other lock to keep them safe.
    getrealgirl1974

Answer by getrealgirl1974 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My brother used to sleep walk and the doctor told us not to wake him but to do our best to keep him safe. We had to be sure there were locks on the door he could not reach and different things like that. I would talk to my child's pediatrician if I were you. My brother outgrew it by the time he was a teenager I do believe.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have always walked in my sleep. We put an alarm in when I walked outside one night. Any time a door opens, the alarm beeps, if it's set it's goes off. That way if I do wander in my sleep, my husband hears the door and will just take my hand and guide me back to bed.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 3:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010