Have you ever analyzed your food intake?

I took a Human Nutrition course at my local college and loved the progam, Diet Analysis. I can use it to analyze my food intake along with my 2 girls. I have an older version, but Diet Analysis has a great new version 9.0.

http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Analysis-Windows-Macintosh-CD-ROM/dp/0495387657

a great website is also this: http://www.livestrong.com/

I hope someone finds this helpful. Eat Healthy and Enjoy Life

Live long and prosper.

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 5:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• As a matter of fact, I learned how to do it in college. Only mine was through a coach. I needed an exercise program for the summer. The coach said he'd be my teacher and we set up a course. I had to write everything I put into my mouth. Then break it down the calories, fats, vitamins, and how long or far I'd have to walk to get those calories off my body! Boy did I get an eye opener! My husband is doing it now. He's lost 63 lbs so far just cutting out all sweets, pasta, bread, and cheese. Plus, he walks a miniume of 2 miles a day, every other day. I'm very proud of him! Oh, I also had to read the boxes, labels, back of cans to see what I was putting in my body. I had to go on line to find out the meaning of some of those fancy words they put on them. Did you know that they use the same ingredient for plastic as they do to make hotdog/hambuger buns? I was amazed at the garbarge they give us! Hope this helps. Live, laugh,rest
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• That is awesome! I make a huge salad for my girls to snack on...my youngest who is 10 eats it alot. So i put in a sealed container and just pull it out and eat it. Eating fresh is so awesome. I also am trying to get more Omega 3's into my diet. I also did smoothies with frozen fruits and found such a difference in my energy...my girls love them. I am still working on getting rid of my caffeine addiction, but i have cut back. I did not know they used the same ingredient for plastic as they do hotdog/hamburger buns. Yuck. I make my own bread, whole wheat with honey. My girls love it with peanut butter and honey. I try also using Agauve thanks to a friend that tipped me off about it. I love food and can never give up meat or milk products.
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 6:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No because I'm a really picky eater and have a very small appetite.  As long as I'm getting enough food to survive, I'm happy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes. I used to work in a nutrition clinic. It's really eye opening!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Tracking and analyzing your food intake is important to losing weight and eating healthier. Studies show that people who track their food intake lose more weight than those who don't track. You can get a free printable weight loss journal here to help you track your food intake for a healthier life.

http://www.health-and-fitness-source.com

KatieHayes

Answer by KatieHayes at 7:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• yeah, we are very careful about what we eat... we are milk and gleuten free, and fructose limited (the lil ladies are intollerant) so it really limits what we can have!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010