• In the Spotlight:

Did someone encourage you today or did you encourage someone?

There is always someone who is struggling in their daily walk through life. Sometimes it helps knowing there is someoene there to come up along side of them with words of encouragement or just a listening ear.

Did you get encouraged or were you the encourager?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Reading updates from one of my foster moms in Uganda helping with an orphange inspires me and encourages me. Truly, I am blessed for some of the most incredible women in my life. As my girls, get older, I am seriously finding myself, going what's next..and praying for something to throw myself into with my heart, mind, body and soul. My favorite saying is from John Piper:
    Present your bodies a living sacrifice. It is your living that is the act of worship.
    ...
    Let every act of your body in living be an act of worship. That is, let every act of your living body be a demonstration that God is your treasure. Let every act of your living body show that Christ is more precious to you than anything else. Let every act of your living body be a death to all that dishonors Christ.
    ~ John Piper
    Romans 6:13 Present your bodies a living sacrifice. It is your living that is the act of worship.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 6:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I helped a 23 yr old mom of a 3 mo old escape her abusive DH and I continue to babysit the baby now 4 mo old. I know she tells me that I am such an encourager to her but truly she and the baby are my inspiration! One look at that baby's innocent face and smile that lights up the room and all my troubles seem to melt away! Here's most of the story: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/655123/How_do_I_keep_from_being_jealous
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thank you for those words of encouragement. I sometimes forget that it is all about the Lord, not me. I am an ambassador, a witness, a testamony of the Lords love and grace in our lives. I forget sometimes that I must decrease so He can increase. He is the lifter of my soul and I am to bring the glory to Him through all I am. Isn't it wonderful to be living in the joy of the Lord and worshipping Him in Spirit and in Truth! Thank you. I needed to hear Romans 6:13. Have been in the middle of a battle. Good thing the Lord is in control! LOL May He open up the windows of heaven and pour out into your very being a fresh new vision. Also, if this is to be a time of rest and getting into His presence so He can prepare you for what is to come, I ask that He would confirm it through other believers. In Jesus Christ name. amen!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Cont'd
    Now her entire family has welcomed me into their family and lives right on up to great grandma & great grandpa! Since my own family has disowned me, it is much more a blessing to me to finally be accepted for who and what I am!! It truly is I that has been blessed more from this situation!!
    And I know this was all from God - Tiffany ran straight to my house that day. We'd never met before! She says she "just knew to run to me!" but doesn't know why....
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have my 7 year old niece here with me. She and her parents are going down town to look at the hope diamond. She really wanted to stay with me. I told her to go and bring back a post card so we could mail it to her Grandma. It will be really fun to do a fun project with her. She was a little sad, I told her I want to hear how she liked the biggest blue diamond.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010