I'm 35 weeks and could really use your input

They want to do an another ultrasound (after they said the 3rd was the last) at 38 weeks to possibly induce me. Oh and they also have a different due date than I do so to them I'd only be 37 weeks. The second and third ultrasound he came up as double the size he's supposed to be with a bigger than average head as well. I know that the weight can be off, but I really don't want to wait too long and have a c-section 'cause he's too big. I don't want a c-section because I was induced and it didn't work either. I need to know if there's anything that I can do to help the induction work?

ours

Asked by ours at 11:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Or is there anyway that they can tell by my shape "down there" to see if I could birth a 9-10 pound baby? I'm really anxious to have him and hate surprises, but for some reason I was kind of looking forward to a*middle of the night panic and driving to the hospital*. If instead of giving me pitocin or anything like that they just stick those things up in you that soften your cervix would that be better? And if that worked could they just make my water break and see what happens after that? Sorry I have so many questions but I need some help.
    ours

Answer by ours at 11:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My midwife says that size doesn't matter, the more you know the more you will stress about whether or not you can birth the baby, instead of just doing it. My personal theory is that we were made for having babies. My friend had 2 7 pound babies and her third was 10 pounds and was born in 30 minutes. It is possible. I guess a lot of it is whether or not you are okay with different interventions or completely against it. I personally can't even handle the thought of being induced or having a c-section.
    This isn't your first is it?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i don't size would be a medical emergency. It's really for the comfort of the mother. Mine was 8 lbs 6 oz and the push wasn't that bad. I would put your foot down about what medical procedures you want and don't want. You may go into labor earlier than 40 weeks. You never know. I personally would probably die before agreeing to a C section because of a "large" baby.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• This is my first baby and it's not a definite c-section, but I've heard that when you're induced it increases the risk of having to get a c-section. I'll just drill the doctor with all my questions until I feel comfortable haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• That is always a good idea! Best of luck :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:58 AM on Nov. 6, 2008