constipation adult content

Kinda a gross question, but anyone else have issues with constipaiton after giving birth. I never have time to work out, drink tons of water, eat lots of fiber foods, was taking colace for a couple of weeks and am still having issues!! I also have hemorrhoids and it's painful now. What should I do?? Is it ok to take colace still?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• I dont know what Colace is but after I had the twins I had the same problem, I just massaged my tail hole with a warm rag and took stool softeners. I know, I know TMI, but if it helps you...lol GL!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 6:51 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Try eliminating dairy, and cutting back on meat

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It should be okay to keep taking the colace, but obviously you should do what you said: eat fiber, drink water, exercise. Put together some healthy granola to snack on, eat Cheerios and oatmeal, fill up a LARGE glass of water and sip on it. It takes some time for your body to get back to normal.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• And fruits like pineapple and prunes can be very helpful.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Prunes were my best friend after I had my dd.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• after i gave birth to my first, the nurses in the hospital were giving me stool softeners to begin with so i didnt run into that problem. i dont know what colace is either, but try a stool softener and use witch hazel directly on the hemmorhoid.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• take softeners as often as the package suggests until you're feeling better. i stopped too early after baby #1 and ended up with a blockage (not at all fun)...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010