Is it okay if my Daughter does not drink milk?

Okay people will bash me for this so thats why I am asking Anonymously! Anyways my Daughter is going to be two in January! She will only drink milk in a bottle(nap time and night time)! She will NOT drink it out of any kinda cup soft spouted, hard, stray NONE! I have tried putting a little chocolate syrup in it still want drink it! So the only way I can completely get her of her bottle is to just stop giving her milk! Please any help advice! Anything I am getting desperate!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Milk is NOT the health food it is made out to be and your daughter is better off for not drinking it; just make sure she gets her calcium elsewhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• There are many foods that have calcium. Cheese, yogurt, spinach. Just make sure she gets plenty of calcium rich foods. She might have milk in a cup in a few months from now. Right now she associates milk with a bottle. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My granddaughter went through a period of not drinking milk. Her favorite drink is ice water. But she ate a lot of cheese and yogurt. Now she drinks a little over a glass of milk a day and still lots of cheese and yogurt.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Milk isn't the only member of the Dairy Food Group. Try others.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Too much dairy can leach iron and other nutrients from the body. Cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Humans do not need cow milk. Cow milk is for baby cows. My 3 sons are adults and as far as I know they have never had a glass of milk. I never gave them a glass.

Toddlers usually like many foods with milk products and can get calcium that way. There are calcium fortified juices, soy milk, nut milks (almond and other nuts), and other foods. Kefir is a yogurt like drink that has 10 different probiotics (more than yogurt) that she may like. I think it tastes better than yogurt. My toddler grandson likes so many foods with milk we are always concerned he is getting too much and he never drinks milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:28 AM on Nov. 27, 2010