How do you relax when you are stressed to the max?

There is alot of drama going on in our house and I need to de-stress. I cant go for walks (disabled) and cant do anyhting that requires money. So help me ladies, cause Calgon aint taking me away!! (lol)

tat2dprincess

Asked by tat2dprincess at 6:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• Stress can take a huge toll on your health so it's important to find ways to manage it. Go for a run, listen to music, do some yoga, or meet some friends for a drink are all good ways to take your mind off your problems. Do whatever works for you, but stress needs to be controlled for long term health and happiness.

www.health-and-fitness-source.com

KatieHayes

Answer by KatieHayes at 8:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I usually "throw my hands up in the air and sing I just don't care"....seriously, when i do it it feels great. Another thing I do is READ or write a story in my notebooks. I also listen to music or google jokes because something funny always does it for me.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I fill the bathtub up with HOT water, get some epsome salts and a glass of white wine! I turn the bathroom lights off and light a scented candle and lean back! Nothing like it and its free besides the wine!
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 6:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I read a book to relax, or I come on cafemom and play some of the computer games.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I listen to music and bake something .

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I watch mindless TV- usually reality TV.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 7:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Honey, i know what you're going through so i'm going to suggest a few things that help me out whenever i'm stressed to the max & i hope that it'll help you out as well. I just go to another room in the house, relax on the bed or a chair, watch a few of my tv programs. If i don't do that, i pick up my favorite book read it, i also may read a few chapters and verses in the Bible. I also pray.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I listen to music or cuddle with my kitties.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• OH yeah, & after the liquor, ravage my husband! Nothing like the big "O" to melt away stress! :o
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I,When stressed b/c its like that in my home alott to,just go somewhere quite if u can and pray out loud for Gods peace,if not out loud of course in my head,I realized that sometimes things r not as bad as we make them out to be,try to see the glass half full,instead of half empty,I know easier said that done.I have 4 kids and it can be overwhelming so when I just ask God for peace in my head over and over it really helps,even if u don't pray often.I read alott too.Bless you, hope u get better:)
    karencrouch

Answer by karencrouch at 9:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2010