Kindle 3 vs Nook

Okay I keep flip flopping back and forth between these two. I have read Kindle is the best. I love the long battery life and the e ink. I have also found out that with the Nook you get to lend books from other libraries. And you are not limited to one website for your books, right? What websites can you use for the Nook? I am not talking about the Nook Color, is that much different in the way of getting books that the Nook?

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 6:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• I have the nook. I have been buying ebooks for over 3 years have only owned the nook for the last 9 months. I love it. I have the nook 3G and it can read ereader books (,pdb format), as well as ebooks from barnes and noble. I have been buying from fictionwise.com for the last 3 plus years. They are not getting the latest books there anymore (barnes and noble bought them about 12 months ago). I have not seen the nook color in person but from reading the specs it can't read the ereader format books. Look at the specs on what type of books that it can read, I have a lot of ereader so nook was the way to go.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 6:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't know the answers to your questions. Yesterday I saw the Nook and played with it at Barnes and Noble. If you have one nearby, go check it out. It kind of changed my mind about wanting one (I didn't want one before and now I'm thinking about it.) If I understood the saleswoman correctly, the only difference between the Nook and Nook color is faster wireless connection and color, not in downloading material. I was surprised about using library books too.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You might want to check out CNET or another website that reviews electronics to see which one is best.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I asked this same question yesterday and Nook seemed to be the way to go. I also did comparison research and again...Nook is it. Getting one for my 17 year old daughter for Christmas.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't have a NOOK, but I have a NOOK compatible ereader from QVC and I love it. And yes i've been able to download ebooks from my computer to it as well as check ebooks out of the library.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• im interested too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2010