Why do cops do whatever they want?

Including breaking their own traffic laws?

Had a guy speed up to at least 70mph on a surface street thru construction only to stop at the traffic light about a mile away. All of us that had been behind him simply caught up to him at the same light. It accomplished nothing, he wasn't on a call or anything and it put the construction guys in danger. If that'd been me, I'd have gotten a ticket.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The cops in my town do it all the time as well. Always on the cell phone while driving, speeding around town, etc. I guess they just know they can get away with it. Abuse of power....
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Because they can and get away with it!

Answer by older at 8:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Unfortunately some become cops just for the "power trip". We do have to remember though that for every ass out there, there are a ton of decent ones, the asses just make them all look bad.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i guess he to much coffee and donuts had to pee like race horse or he was pissed that he did get sex the night before who now's
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Who knows.. I think some THINK they're too cool for laws.. letting the power go to their head!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Not sure but some think they are above the law. Every situation is different and it is not for us to judge. As long as we are doing what we are supposed to I don't worry about others too much.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 7:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Just like in any profession, there are the good, the bad, and the downright stupid. Don't take the actions of one loser and apply it to the entire group; there are plenty of good cops out there ... I've been married to one for over 25 years!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I d k I have not seen too much abuse. But I know it happens.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2010