Has anyone ever missed your period and took a pregnancy test and it came up neg. and later u found out u were really pregnant?...

This is what is happening to me right now i have an app. with the doctors tues but still wondering...I got my period end of may and then i never got it in june i took a test 4 days after my missed period and it was neg. and i still havent gotten it...2 things make me think...i was having cramps for like 2 weeks be4 my period and the other thing is i normally always get my period never miss even if i get it the last day n it carries over...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hasn't personally happened to me, but I know that it takes time for the hormones or whatever to be present in your urine, so if you take the test too early it could definitely say negitive when it is really positive. I would follow how your body feels over what the test says at least for a month.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 4:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• It might have been too early for the test to tell. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I teek 2 tests and they came up positive, so I went to my doctors who took another test and it came up negative, and he sent me home and told me I was not pregnant. A day later I took a fourth test and it came up negative again. Finally, the gave me a blood test and it was positive that I was pregnant. Sometimes you have to wait for a little bit for the pregnancy hormones to go up to get an accurate pregnancy test read. Hope this helps :)
    mztasia2004

Answer by mztasia2004 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• That happened to me when I got pregnant with my second. I tested right after I missed my period (I was anxious because we were TTC), but it came up negative. 2 weeks, later.. still no period, so I tested again and it was positive :)
    MAMAtoTW0

Answer by MAMAtoTW0 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I actually thought I could have been pregnant... I'm VERY regular. And I was about 9 or 10 days late. I was feeling very odd, and i thought I could be pregnant. I took a test twice, and it came up negative both times. Finally on the 10 or 11th day of being late, my period came. I was bummed :P But we're trying again this month, so hopefully I won't get "teased" again with a late period.
    Anonymous

• Im going through the same exact thing right now! I was supposed to get my period last friday, I took a pregnancy test on wednesday and I got a negative too. I have alot of the pregnancy symptoms but no positive yet! I hope you get the results that you want
    kell1018

Answer by kell1018 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 5, 2008