Is this really the best vacation I'll get?

I'm a 26 year old single mother. My son is spending the day with his grandfather (he's 1). I have the candles lit, some music on, siting in my pj's eating left overs on cafemom and I'm having the time of my life. Pre-baby Luke, This would be my life everyday nothing special. Now it's something I get to do every blue moon when he spends the night at his grand-dada's house. FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!!!

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I hope not, but enjoy it while it lasts!!!!

Answer by older at 9:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• LOL.. sounds heavenily!! I haven't been alone in my house for 4 years ;)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would be happy with that right now. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• How Nice! I'm waiitng for my sisters (visiting from college) to call and come get my kids for he day (hopefully). They used to come take them about once a month but I haven't see the one in 3 months and the other in 2 months...so I'm ready for a day by myself =0)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 9:33 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nope it is not as good as it gets. Here is the thing enjoy what you have for now. I am in such a different place my kids are in College and the days are so quiet because they are gone.
    Don't worry honey as soon as you get used to one stage it changes so you have to adapt all over again. Enjoy your day. Love to you! I love your baby's name btw. LOVE.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I know that feeling. Enjoy it, I am jealous, no family near enough for that. But when the youngest is 8, I am thinking of flying them to the grandparents for a week. 1 kid per set, then hubby and I get a week to our selves. How great would that be, grandparents get to spoil one grandchild each year and hubby and I get couple time, totally win win.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:40 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• if i get a shower = that is my vacation
    taking a pee in the am without child walking in - is a good start to my day
    getting out of the house to drive around the block to move car is a luxury

was just thinking yesterday..wow some people take vacations, some people get out of the house, some even go to a salon and have nails and hair done - can not even imagine that life
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I haven't had a shower alone for a good year in a half. If it wasn't my SO always trying to get into the shower it's my son who is obsessed with throwing thinks into the shower while I'm taking one.

Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Shoot, I enjoy the FEW times I can go to the bathroom by myself without my little followers coming in too!! LOL
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Life is good. I absolutely know how you feel. And in the years to come, this will change. He will not be needing you as much and you can take a couple of days away from him, then three. It's great to have time to yourself, and you get precious little of it when your child is small.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2010