How long will a tongue peircing?

Stay open. If you have it for 5 years and forget to put it back in for a week, will it still stay open?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have had mine done for 6 years, haven't wore a barbell in it for like 3 and can still get one through about every six months, there is resistance and it is sore after wards
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 1:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I think it does stay open because the area is so moist.

Answer by older at 9:41 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It will stay open for a long time. I could still get a barbell in it after 4 years of not wearing it. I think a week will be fine. You might have a little resistance gettting it back in and it might be sore, but you will not have to get it re-pierced.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It really depends on you and your body. My mom had hers for years, went in for some kind of test that only took like 20 minutes and it closed up in that short time period. A friend of mine only had hers a few weeks and she could leave it out for days. I'm too afraid to take mine out longer than to clean it or change the beads. My piercer has had his done for like 20 years and he rarely even puts anything in it. I think he can still get an 8g in it (he had it 0g at one point a few years ago).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I think if it has just been a week you should be fine
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Although it has already been said, I would have to agree that it totally depends on the person. In my experience, after having the piercing for about 5 months I had to take it out and then about 20 months later I was able to put a piece of jewerly in (although it was a little difficult becuase I had to break the skin that was covering the bottom hole and it was a little sore for a day or so) and now for the most part I just leave it in because I don't like having to look in the mirror and having to force a barbell through again if I have to take it out. I'll be the first to admit it, after having nearly 20 piercings in my life I am still a wimp when it comes to pain, but once it's done it is well worth it!
    didra

Answer by didra at 3:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I had my pierced for over a year and took it out and within 2 weeks it was close it depends on your body but it should be fine :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Don't know and don't wanna know. Disgusting.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 10:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Booksandhooks, thanks for the reply but if you didn't agree with my lifestyle, why did you choose to answer a question that had nothing to do with you?
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2010