Do you believe that a woman's size affects how she can handle carrying a baby?

I am pregnant with twins and to all of my friends and family I am like a freak of nature because i'm pretty much a bean pole. I am about 5'5 and weigh 100 even (pre preggo weight of course). Everyone is just so sure that my babies will be VERY preemie because I "can't handle" carrying twins. It's actually starting to annoy me and worry me at the same time. I carried 2 singletons to a full 40 weeks and they were 7lbs and 8lbs. I am confident that I can do this but the comments get so old after a while!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ignore it, the determining factor in weight related complications is when a woman is OVER weight. Our society is so accustomed to seeing overweight, hell OBESE pregnant women that they damn those who are not.

Be a duck, let it roll off your back.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't think so, but with twins doctors like to perform c sections a bit earlier.

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Twins can generally be born under weight it has no bearing on what you weighed before pregnancy. When I got pregnant with my daughter 8 years ago I was only about 85 pounds. She was born weighing 6 pound 9 ounces. If this is becoming a big concern to you then talk to your doctor and then go back and tell all those annoying people what he said then just stop listening to them. Good luck with the twins and just enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 27, 2010