College kids leaving for school tomorrow...

I was just getting used to all the noise.. I am gonna miss them. Is any one dealing with this too?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I know how you feel, went through this three times, it doesn't get easier specially worrying about the long trip back, hang in there mom it will all be over soon.

Answer by older at 9:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I remember your post about your kids coming home and how excited you were. My father get the same way when we leave after visiting. I must admit I get into the I miss my mommy stage when I leave. It's funny that no matter how old you get you still miss your mommy and as in your case with your children leaving, I miss my babies.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It's not my college son leaving that's getting to me....it's my soldier son leaving today to go back to his base that's getting to me. Yeah, he'll be back in 3 weeks but it's been so nice having him home, this was his 1st time home since he left for basic training in July. His brother who is in college is just an hour and a half away so he comes home every other weekend and we drive to see him on the weekends he doesn't come home. I have enjoyed having my younger 2 sons home and together for the last 2 days and cannot wait for 3 weeks from now when they both come home for 16 days for my soldier son and almost a month for my college son. College is easy to handle, the military is a little harder. With college you know when the breaks are, with the military you have no clue (my 24yo was in for 5 years and never spent a holiday home). I think that no matter where they are going, we miss them when they become independent.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• WOW! i remember those days- when it was time for my daughter to go back to collage; i hated taking her to the airport- it is just something about airports........ she has graduated now but, she still lives 780miles away from me & it is still hard- it takes me a couple of days to get myself back together-LOL!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• no
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2010

• I went through it with my daughter when she would come home from college and before you knew it, it was time for her to go back. She has graduated and she lives with her boyfriend now so I still only see her when she comes home.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Be happy they can live on their own without getting into trouble. Christmas holidays will be here soon.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010