Any other African American Moms (or non-white moms) feel the way I do?

Believe me, I have wanted a black man to be a president for a long time.

Now I can tell my children the ignorance of society won't hold you back.

BUT, I wish the first black president was someone who could be a role model to our child.

I wish he was someone who didn't believe that murdering babies was okay.

I wish he was someone who felt that babies / fetus have the same rights as us.

I wish he was someone who believed that marriage was between a man and a women.

I wish he didn't attend a church for 20 years, that imo help an attitude similar to the KKK.

I wish he was someone I could be proud of....

Anyone feel this way?
I

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not black, but I do wish that the first African American president was someone with great morals and values. I would like to see a black president that shares my Christian beliefs as president someday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I feel the same way as you do, for the most part. ANY president we elect should have qualities we admire.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• All those reason are why I don't care for him. It has nothing to do with his heritage, it has to do with his lack of morals.
    Anonymous

• I am white, but I do know that you are NOT alone in your thoughts.

Read this from a famous black pianist:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/huntleybrown.asp

Also there's this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t59OvsnhBAI

about black men who won't vote for Obama

And then theres the National Black Republicans too : www.nbra.info
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Im not black, but I am married to a hispanic man, and my child are very dark. I am happy to see a black president! never thought I would with the ignorance of some in this country. but YES I AGREE WITH YOU!! I heard he wont sing the NAtional anthem...anyone know if that one is true? I dont want to be paying for abortions. I dont believe in them!!! and that whole gay marriage thing. its not about hate....it goes against the BIBLE. whats wrong with this damn country is everyone is taking GOD out of everything!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• MLK quote: "I have a dream my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!" --from "I Have a Dream"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Anonymous 10:25 -- That is a great quote, but I think Obama was judged (to be worthy) by the color of his skin and not by the content of his character.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't Martin LUther King would be proud of Obama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Im not black, but I personally feel that is the best answer on here... You are awesome to want that in a president. I would like to have a president who has those values... black or white..or anything... just to have good morals and values is the most important thing to me.. God is going to love you, no matter the color of your skin. Its about what you believe in and im sorry but president elect Obama is not that man.
    brit2442

Answer by brit2442 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• he doesn't beleive that abortion is okay. he just gives the woman the choice to do what she wants..she is the one who believes its okay.he does feel that babies have rights. He just gives the chick a choice..rev wright didn't get crazy til after 9/11..i know my pastors, past and present, have said some crazy stuff..but i don't beleive that every time my pstor says something that i don't agree w/ i should up and move..hubby doesnt' say stuff i agree w/, does that mean i should up and divorce his tail? If people keep moving everytime something is said they don't like, you can never grow. if you move a plant every other week, will the roots ever be strong enough to sustain the plant? nope.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2008