If you were an only child, do you want a bigger family?

I am the only child and was kind of lonely as a kid. The only person close in age that I was close to was my cousin and she passed in 1999 from a car accident. It crushed me. Now as an adult I crave a bigger family. We have 2 beautiful children and decided to have one more..got a double dose of that and now i'm pregnant with twins haha (very excited though). We will be done after these 2 for sure. But just wondering if there are any others out there that were the only child who wanted to have a bigger family later in life because of it?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes - I'm an only child and I always wanted to have a big family. I have 2 girls and wanted to have more but (then) DH and I divorced and as I aged I realized it wasn't going to happen! But I'm happy with my family as it is and some days I'm even thankful that I didn't have any more because everything has worked out so well for us. Congratulations on your twins - how exciting!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 10:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes ! I am an only child...and yes , i did want a big family because of it ! I have four kids now. I was really lonely growing up. I'm so glad my children have each other. I feel like i really missed out as a kid , especially seeing my four together now.

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm an only child and no, I never wanted a big family...I always set my sights on two kids and that's what I had.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have two brothers and want more because of THAT. We had a great time growing up. My great grandmother was an only child- her parents had a scandalous divorce- shocking for back then. She was always lonely and went on to marry an Italian man and give birth to 14!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• ShouldHaveLeft stole my answer lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I wasn't an only BUT my my could have been since I was 13 when my sister was born. I have been pregnant 5 times but lost 3 babies due to miscarriage but have 2 beautiful girls with us and they are handfuls enough they are 4 and 1. I think we are done.....maybe.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010