Strep throat? Really?!

Since I saw my dr. tuesday, he gave me Zyrtec to keep me from getting sick, he said my throat was a little red.. well... my throat started hurting last night and kept me up all night long. I am prone to strep. so I am now in the process of having it. mucus, and itchy ears, and sore throat/tonsils... BLAHHHH..................... its gonna be a rough day. looks like ill be making another call Monday.. unless what he gave me does the trick.

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 10:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• Hope you feel better!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:11 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Zyrtec is not going to cure strep. Zyrtec is for allergies, which could be why your throat and ears hurt and you have mucus. I have those sypmtoms for 10 months out of the year. Try gargling with warm salt water and drink hot tea with honey. Hope you feel better soon...pregnancy and illness are no fun.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Feel better.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• zyrtek isn't going to stop you from getting sick, ...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010