Touch Screen phones.. anyone else?? Grrr

I have the Samsung Fascinate and I LOVE it! The best phone i've ever owned.. BUT pretty much everytime I am talking on it for longer than 5 minutes I find myself hanging up the phone with my cheek, or pressing the mute button on accident so people can't hear what I am saying. It's so annoying!! These phones have a sensor on the front of it so that your screen goes black when it is held up to your ear to prevent this from happening but it still happens anyway!! Anyone else have this problem?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Technology

• I have the Droid and have never had that problem.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I do that too and it is so annoying.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i don't have that phone. i have the samsung sunburst. it's ok, i wish it had a slide out keyboard instead of a touch screen one. don't you have a lock button? press the lock button after you answer it. that way you can't press anything until you unlock it. mine locks after you've been on the phone for a little bit, but there have been a couple times lately i've accidently turned the bluetooth on (there's a button for bluetooth while i'm talking on the phone)

I used to have the samsung flight. i was in love with that phone. but then my screen went out, i went to get the same one and found it's been discontinued. i was very upset. it's probly cuz they came out with the new blackberry torch, i was looking at it and it's the exact same design as the samsung flight. now i want the torch, but it's so darn expensive...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have a Droid X and I don't have that problem. I always lock the screen before I talk.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yea I have a lock button on the side of the phone and every time I notice the screen is still lit up I will press it. It goes black again for a little bit but turns right back on
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have the Iphone, that never happens to me.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 11:00 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have a Samsung Epic and dont have ANY issues at all.If you have a sleep button on the side just hit it when your on the phone and your screen should sleep.MY mom has that problem with her Samsung moment ALL THE TIME.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:21 AM on Nov. 27, 2010