OK so we are putting up Christmas decorations and I feel totallly Bah-Humbugish...my husband is deploying tommarrow....SO am I wrong for feelen this way???

SteelersChick

Asked by SteelersChick at 10:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• No, heck no, and I am sorry that he has to go. I have cousins that are active military and it really is hard, especially now, around the holidays. I felt that way a few times in my life, I think most people do at some point, it is a part of the whole cycle of life, feeling sad, blue, gosh even depressed comes with the festivities of the season too. It was hard for me last Christmas, after losing my god daughter so suddenly in April to want to feel the spirit, but my niece came and stayed with us from Thanksgiving through the first week of February, so that helped the pain in my heart. She also had not seen snow or spent a Christmas with us since she was a little girl (she is 13) so it was very joyous, even though we did cry here and there. I do hope you have a goo day and that your holidays will be nice. Patricia
    TeamMom09

Answer by TeamMom09 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You have every right to feel this way!

Answer by older at 10:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't think so. I was deployed about this time when I was in the Marine Corps so I know how it feels.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Heck no! Deployments suck!! I say still enjoy the time decorating with him and try to make it a happy day =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nope, absolutely not. When my husband was deployed it took me several weeks to put up Christmas decorations because I just wasn't in the mood but I wanted too because of our son.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• nope, we're kinda the same way, except its cuz the kids have kinda outgrown it, so its like "who cares" now. The fun of it (for me) was watching the little kids get all excited about it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No, your not wrong. Your husband not being there is a good reason to put a damper on the holidays.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• This--You have every right to feel this way!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You're never wrong to feel what you feel. I would've waited on the tree though and spent the day in his arms instead! It's never bad to feel longing and missing for someone you love-even when they haven't left yet!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 2:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• no, but try to enjoy what time you have with him.
    make it a fun day for all of you....
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010