Gender question.

They say that if you have sex during or after ovulation that you're most likely to have a boy, and if you have sex before ovulation that you're more likely to have a girl.

So was this true for anyone? I'm soooooo anxious to find out what I'm having!

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not true for me.. We had sex the day before ovulation because we were going on vacation the day after..and i'm having twin boys
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Female sperm tend to swim quicker and die off quicker so the closer to ovulation you are when you have sex, the more likely it is that you will have a girl.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I was reading something about the Shettles method (how to conceive a boy), and it explained something along the lines of having sex within 24 hours of ovulating because male sperm are faster, but die off quicker, while female sperm are slower, and are more hearty.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• for me it was that with my son then i had two girls , miscarriage and having another girl.......
    mamaof2n1angel

Answer by mamaof2n1angel at 11:00 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nanixh has it right about X sperm (female) vs Y sperm.

It worked for us. We got a girl.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2010